PREPARING FOR GOOGLE CLOUD CERTIFICATION: CLOUD ARCHITECT CERTIFICATE
Course 1- Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure
Week 9: Logging and Monitoring In The Cloud
Coursera Study Guide
This section highlights the importance of monitoring performance in relation to product reliability, then moves on to define service level indicators (SLIs), service level objectives (SLOs), and service level agreements (SLAs). It also examines the purpose of integrated monitoring, logging, alerting, and debugging.
- Define SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs.
- Identify the purpose of integrated monitoring, alerting, and debugging.
LOGGING AND MONITORING IN THE CLOUD
1. There are “Four Golden Signals” that measure a system’s performance and reliability. What are they?
- Availability, durability, scalability, resiliency
- Latency, traffic, saturation, errors (Correct)
- Get, post, put, delete
- KPIs, SLIs, SLOs, SLAs
2. Which definition best describes a service level indicator (SLI)?
- A key performance indicator; for example, clicks per session or customer signups
- A percentage goal of a measure you intend your service to achieve
- A contract with your customers regarding service performance
- A time-bound measurable attribute of a service (Correct)
3. Which option describes a commitment made to your customers that your systems and applications will have only a certain amount of “downtime”?
- Service level agreement (Correct)
- Service level indicator
- Key performance indicator
- Service level objective
4. You want to create alerts on your Google Cloud resources, such as when health checks fail. Which is the best Google Cloud product to use?
- Cloud Trace
- Cloud Monitoring (Correct)
- Cloud Functions
- Cloud Debugger
5. Select the two correct statements about Cloud Logging.
- Cloud Logging lets you define uptime checks.
- Cloud Logging lets you view logs from your applications and filter and search on them. (Correct)
- Cloud Logging requires the use of a third-party monitoring agent.
- Cloud Logging requires you to store your logs in BigQuery or Cloud Storage.
- Cloud Logging lets you define metrics based on your logs. (Correct)
Subscribe to our site
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.