PREPARING FOR GOOGLE CLOUD CERTIFICATION: CLOUD ARCHITECT CERTIFICATE
Course 3 – Essential Google Cloud Infrastructure: Core Services
Week 1: Introduction
Coursera Study Guide
Click to Enroll in Coursera Google Cloud Architect Certificate
In this module, we introduce the Architecting with Google Compute Engine course series. This course series is defined for cloud solution architects, DevOps engineers, and anyone who’s interested in using Google Cloud, to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with a focus on Compute Engine.
- Understand how to navigate the course
- Understand how to download course resources
IDENTITY AND ACCESS MANAGEMENT
1. What abstraction is primarily used to administer user access in IAM?
- Leases, an abstraction of periodic entitlements.
- Roles, an abstraction of job roles. (CORRECT)
- Credentials, an abstraction of an authorization token.
- Privileges, an abstraction of access rights.
Correct: IAM administration uses pre-defined roles for administration of user access. The roles are defined by more granular permissions. But permissions are not applied to users directly, only through the roles that are assigned to them.)
2. Which of the following is not a type of IAM role?
- Advanced (CORRECT)
Correct: That’s correct! There are three types of roles in IAM: basic roles, predefined roles, and custom roles. There are no “advanced” roles in IAM
3. Which of the following is not a type of IAM member?
- Service Account
- Organization Account (CORRECT)
- Google Group
- Google Account
- Cloud Identity domain
- Google Workspace domain
Correct: There are five different types of members: Google Accounts, Service Accounts, Google Groups, Google Workspace domain, and Cloud Identity domains. There are no “Organization Accounts” in IAM
STORAGE AND DATABASE SERVICES
1. What data storage service might you select if you just needed to migrate a standard relational database running on a single machine in a datacenter to the cloud?
- Cloud SQL (CORRECT)
- Persistent Disk
- Cloud Storage
Correct: Cloud SQL offers a PostgreSQL server or a MySQL server as a managed service.
2. Which Google Cloud data storage service offers ACID transactions and can scale globally?
- Cloud Storage
- Cloud CDN
- Cloud Spanner (CORRECT)
- Cloud SQL
Correct: Cloud Spanner provides ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, Durability) properties that enable transactional reads and writes on the database. It can also scale globally.
3. Which data storage service provides data warehouse services for storing data but also offers an interactive SQL interface for querying the data?
- BigQuery (CORRECT)
- Cloud SQL
Correct: BigQuery is a data warehousing service that allows the storage of huge data sets while making them immediately processable without having to extract or run the processing in a separate service.
Subscribe to our site
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.