PREPARING FOR GOOGLE CLOUD CERTIFICATION: CLOUD ARCHITECT CERTIFICATE
Course 1- Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure
Week 4: Virtual Machines and Networks in The Cloud
Coursera Study Guide
Click to Enroll in Coursera Google Cloud Architect Certificate
This section of the course explores how Google Compute Engine works, with a focus on virtual networking.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Compute Engine.
- Define the basics of networking in Google Cloud.
QUIZ: VIRTUAL MACHINES AND NETWORKS IN THE CLOUD
1. Which term describes a secure, individual, private cloud-computing model hosted within a public cloud?
- Virtual private cloud (VPC) (Correct)
- Virtual private network (VPN)
- Content delivery network (CDN)
- Domain name system (DNS)
2. Select the true statement about Google’s VPC networks and subnets.
- Networks are global, and subnets are regional. (Correct)
- Both networks and subnets are global.
- Networks are regional, and subnets are zonal.
- Networks are global, and subnets are zonal.
3. An application running in a Compute Engine virtual machine needs high-performance scratch space. Which type of storage meets this need?
- Local SSD (Correct)
- Zonal persistent disk
- Regional persistent disk
- Cloud Storage bucket
4. Preemptible VMs can offer advantages over a standard Compute Engine VM. What is a reason customers choose preemptible VMs?
- To improve performance
- To reduce cost (Correct)
- To use custom machine types
- To reduce cost on premium operating systems
That’s correct! The per-hour price of preemptible VMs incorporates a substantial discount.
5. Which statement best describes how VPC routers and firewalls work?
- They are managed by Google as a built-in feature. (Correct)
- Customers provision virtual machines and run their routers and firewalls in them.
- They are managed by Google in virtual machines and customers can tune or deactivate them.
- They are managed by Google in virtual machines and customers cannot modify them.
6. A Google Cloud customer wants to load-balance traffic among the backend VMs that form part of a multi-tier application. Which load-balancing option should this customer choose?
- The regional load balancer
- The regional internal load balancer (Correct)
- The global HTTP(S) load balancer
- The global TCP proxy
- The global SSL proxy
7. Which interconnect option is a service level agreement (SLA) available for?
- Dedicated Interconnect (Correct)
- VPNs with Cloud Router
- Direct Peering
- Carrier Peering
Subscribe to our site
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.