PREPARING FOR GOOGLE CLOUD CERTIFICATION: CLOUD ARCHITECT CERTIFICATE
Course 1- Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure
Week 4: Virtual Machines and Networks in The Cloud
Coursera Study Guide
This section of the course explores how Google Compute Engine works, with a focus on virtual networking.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Compute Engine.
- Define the basics of networking in Google Cloud.
QUIZ: VIRTUAL MACHINES AND NETWORKS IN THE CLOUD
1. Which term describes a secure, individual, private cloud-computing model hosted within a public cloud?
- Virtual private cloud (VPC) (Correct)
- Virtual private network (VPN)
- Content delivery network (CDN)
- Domain name system (DNS)
2. Select the true statement about Google’s VPC networks and subnets.
- Networks are global, and subnets are regional. (Correct)
- Both networks and subnets are global.
- Networks are regional, and subnets are zonal.
- Networks are global, and subnets are zonal.
3. An application running in a Compute Engine virtual machine needs high-performance scratch space. Which type of storage meets this need?
- Local SSD (Correct)
- Zonal persistent disk
- Regional persistent disk
- Cloud Storage bucket
4. Preemptible VMs can offer advantages over a standard Compute Engine VM. What is a reason customers choose preemptible VMs?
- To improve performance
- To reduce cost (Correct)
- To use custom machine types
- To reduce cost on premium operating systems
That’s correct! The per-hour price of preemptible VMs incorporates a substantial discount.
5. Which statement best describes how VPC routers and firewalls work?
- They are managed by Google as a built-in feature. (Correct)
- Customers provision virtual machines and run their routers and firewalls in them.
- They are managed by Google in virtual machines and customers can tune or deactivate them.
- They are managed by Google in virtual machines and customers cannot modify them.
6. A Google Cloud customer wants to load-balance traffic among the backend VMs that form part of a multi-tier application. Which load-balancing option should this customer choose?
- The regional load balancer
- The regional internal load balancer (Correct)
- The global HTTP(S) load balancer
- The global TCP proxy
- The global SSL proxy
7. Which interconnect option is a service level agreement (SLA) available for?
- Dedicated Interconnect (Correct)
- VPNs with Cloud Router
- Direct Peering
- Carrier Peering
Subscribe to our site
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.