PREPARING FOR GOOGLE CLOUD CERTIFICATION: CLOUD ARCHITECT CERTIFICATE
Course 1- Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure
Week 3: Resources and Access in Google Cloud
Coursera Study Guide
This section identifies some of the key benefits of using Google Cloud. It’s here that we introduce the components of Google’s network infrastructure and explore the differences between Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
- Identify the benefits of Google Cloud.
- Define the components of Google’s network infrastructure, including: Points of presence, data centers, regions, and zones.
- Identify the difference between Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
RESOURCES AND ACCESS IN GOOGLE CLOUD
1. When would you choose to have an organization node? (Select two)
- When you want to create folders (Correct)
- When you want to organize resources into projects
- When you want to centrally apply organization-wide policies (Correct)
- There’s no choice; organization nodes are mandatory.
Explanation: Folders require an organization node. Organization nodes let you apply policies centrally.
2. Which statement best describes how Google Cloud resources are associated within the resource hierarchy?
- All Google Cloud resources are associated with an organization.
- All Google Cloud resources are associated with a folder.
- All Google Cloud resources are associated with a project. (Correct)
- Google Cloud resources are not associated with the resource hierarchy.
Explanation: All Google Cloud resources are associated with a project.
3. Consider a single hierarchy of Google Cloud resources. Which of these situations is possible? (Choose 3 responses.)
- There is no organization node, and there are no folders. (Correct)
- There is no organization node, but there is at least one folder.
- There is an organization node, and there are no folders. (Correct)
- There is an organization node, and there is at least one folder. (Correct)
- There are two or more organization nodes.
4. Your company has two Google Cloud projects and you want them to share policies. What is the least error-prone way to set this up?
- Duplicate all the policies from one project onto the other.
- Place both projects into a folder, and define the policies on that folder. (Correct)
- Create shared resource policies on the common resources that are used in both projects.
- Define the new shared policy in the organization node.
5. What is the difference between Identity and Access Management (IAM) basic roles and IAM predefined roles?
- Basic roles affect all resources in a Google Cloud project. Predefined roles apply to a specific service in a project. (Correct)
- Basic roles can only be granted to single users. Predefined roles can be associated with a group.
- Basic roles only allow viewing, creating, and deleting resources. Predefined roles allow any modification.
- Basic roles only apply to the owner of the Google Cloud project. Predefined roles can be associated with any user.
6. Select the option that displays IAM roles from general to specific.
- Custom roles, predefined roles, basic roles
- Basic roles, predefined roles, custom roles (Correct)
- Predefined roles, custom roles, basic roles
7. How does the resource hierarchy control how IAM policies are inherited?
- IAM policies that are implemented higher in the resource hierarchy deny access that is granted by lower-level policies.
- IAM policies that are implemented by lower-level policies can override the policies defined at a higher level. (Correct)
- IAM policies are only implemented at the project level; they cannot be amended by lower levels of the resource hierarchy.
8. Which way of accessing Google Cloud lets you control services through the code you write?
- The Cloud Console
- The Cloud SDK and Cloud Shell
- APIs (Correct)
- The Cloud Console mobile app
Subscribe to our site
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Quiztudy Top Courses
Popular in Coursera
- Meta Marketing Analytics Professional Certificate.
- Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce Professional Certificate.
- Google UX Design Professional Certificate.
- Meta Social Media Marketing Professional Certificate
- Google Project Management Professional Certificate
- Meta Front-End Developer Professional Certificate
Liking our content? Then, don’t forget to ad us to your BOOKMARKS so you can find us easily!