Course 4 – Process Data from Dirty to Clean Quiz Answers
Week 5: Optional: Adding Data To Your Resume
GOOGLE DATA ANALYTICS PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
Complete Study Guide
TABLE OF CONTENT
- HANDS-ON ACTIVITY: BUILD A RESUME
- HANDS-ON ACTIVITY: ADDING SKILLS TO A RESUME
- HANDS-ON ACTIVITY: ADDING EXPERIENCE TO A RESUME
A resume is an important step for any data analytics professional. Adding the right information to your resume can make all the difference when it comes to landing a great job or promotion. In this part of the course, you will learn how to craft a targeted and impactful resume with all the necessary details employers need.
One key aspect of creating a successful data analytics resume is being sure to highlight any achievements you have made in the field. Adding certifications such as the Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate from Coursera shows prospective employers that you have taken additional steps to develop your skills and knowledge base beyond what was offered in your traditional education program. Adding this certification highlights your commitment level and dedication toward pursuing excellence in data analytics.
- Identify key elements of a data analyst resume
- Demonstrate an understanding how previous experience may be added to a resume
- Discuss how a data analyst job description may be aligned to a particular area of interest
Hands-On Activity: Build a resume
1. What is most important to consider when you select a resume format?
- Which format fits the most content
- Aesthetic appeal
- What you want to emphasize to potential employers (Correct)
- Which format hiring managers prefer
Correct: When selecting a resume format, it is most important to consider what you want to emphasize to potential employers. Also keep in mind that an entry-level data analyst should have a resume that is only one page long. To begin your resume, you chose a resume template. Going forward, you can use this template to build an effective resume and secure an interview for a data analyst position.
Hands-On Activity: Adding skills to a resume
1. Which types of skills should you prioritize in your resume’s skills section? Select all that apply.
- Soft skills
- Technical skills (Correct)
- Data-related skills (Correct)
- Interpersonal skills
Correct: To create a strong and effective skills section, you should include technical skills and data-related skills. Soft skills and interpersonal skills are very important, but can be emphasized in other parts of your resume. Going forward, you can update the skills section as you grow as a data analyst to reflect what you’ve learned. This will help you create a resume that stands out to potential employers.
Hands-On Activity: Adding experience to a resume
1. Which kinds of information should be in the experience section of your resume? Select all the apply.
- Data-related work history (Correct)
- Your education background
- Jobs that gave you transferable skills (Correct)
- A list of soft skills you have
Correct: To build a strong experience section, you should include any data-related work history you have or previous jobs that gave you transferable skills. Skills and your educational background should go in different sections. Going forward, can update your resume as you continue in your career to have a strong and reliable record of your accomplishments.
Adding Data To Your Resume CONCLUSION
In this part of the course, you’ll learn all about the job application process with a focus on crafting a resume that highlights your strengths and applicable experience. Even if you aren’t applying to jobs yet, it’s still a good time to improve your resume.
It’s like spring training for a first season in a major league–you don’t want to miss it! Join the learning experience in Coursera today and upgrade your resume so you’re ready when the right data analytics job comes along.
Subscribe to our site
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Quiztudy Top Courses
Popular in Coursera
- Meta Marketing Analytics Professional Certificate.
- Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce Professional Certificate.
- Google UX Design Professional Certificate.
- Meta Social Media Marketing Professional Certificate
- Google Project Management Professional Certificate
- Meta Front-End Developer Professional Certificate
Liking our content? Then, don’t forget to ad us to your BOOKMARKS so you can find us easily!