TABLE OF CONTENT
Week 1 of this course introduces the concept of migration and some background material, and we also discuss the format that the rest of the course will follow. You learn about why migration is an important topic, different migration types, and the three-phase migration structure. You also learn about some tools that can help you with learn more about migrations and how to plan them (such as AWS Prescriptive Guidance).
- Define what is migration
- Identify reasons for migration and discuss key considerations when moving to the cloud
- Learn about AWS Prescriptive Guidance
WEEK 1 QUIZ
1. What is an example of rehosting an application?
- Before moving an application to the cloud, the application is rewritten in a new programing language.
- During a migration, older applications are discovered. They are no longer needed and can be turned off.
- A containerized application can be moved from on premises to the cloud without making any changes.
- All on-premises applications and resources can be easily moved to the cloud except for the load balancers. The existing load balancers are replaced by Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) load balancers. (CORRECT)
Correct: With rehosting (also known as lift and shift), applications are moved to the cloud without making any changes to take advantage of cloud capabilities.
2. Which of the following are steps in creating a migration plan? [Choose TWO.]
- Creating a reverse migration plan back to the data center
- Creating the shortest possible migration timeline to encourage a faster migration
- Increasing on-premises capacity through hardware acquisition
- Determining service migration path (CORRECT)
- Communicating your plan to coworkers (CORRECT)
Correct: In the early stages of migration planning, it is important to determine the service migration path by assessing the on-premises resources you have, and deciding which of these resources will be migrated to the cloud.
Correct: It is also important to communicate the migration plan to all stakeholders because successful migrations require significant contributions from many different parts of the business.
3. Which statement about the AWS shared responsibility security model is TRUE?
- AWS is responsible for security of the cloud, and the customer is responsible for security in the cloud. (CORRECT)
- Security is a responsibility fully shared between the AWS Partners and the customer.
- Security is entirely the responsibility of AWS, and is verified by auditors.
- Security is the shared responsibility of the customer and their chosen third-party security providers.
Correct: AWS is responsible for protecting the infrastructure that runs all the services that are offered in the AWS Cloud. Customers are responsible for protecting their data, securing networks and firewalls, performing identity and access management, and (depending on the service) managing operating systems and applications. For more information, see Shared Responsibility Model (https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/shared-responsibility-model/).
4. What does AWS Prescriptive Guidance provide to customers?
- A fully automated migration tool
- Strategies, methodologies, and frameworks for cloud migration and modernization (CORRECT)
- Direct access to the AWS Migration team
- A single location to inventory assets and track migration of applications
Correct: AWS Prescriptive Guidance provides time-tested strategies, guides, and patterns to help accelerate the customer’s cloud migration, modernization, and optimization projects.
5. What are the three phases of the AWS migration process?
- Rehost, replatform, retire
- Track, build, migrate
- Assess, mobilize, migrate and modernize (CORRECT)
- Track, mobilize, rehost
Correct: The three phases of the AWS migration process are assess, mobilize, and migrate and modernize. During the assess phase, the customer assesses their organization’s current readiness for operating in the cloud. During the mobilize phase, the customer creates a migration plan and refines their business case. In the migrate and modernize phase, each application is designed, migrated, and validated.
Subscribe to our site
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Quiztudy Top Courses
Popular in Coursera
- Meta Marketing Analytics Professional Certificate.
- Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce Professional Certificate.
- Google UX Design Professional Certificate.
- Meta Social Media Marketing Professional Certificate
- Google Project Management Professional Certificate
- Meta Front-End Developer Professional Certificate
Liking our content? Then, don’t forget to ad us to your BOOKMARKS so you can find us easily!