Course 6 – Share Data Through the Art of Visualization Quiz Answers
Week 3: Crafting Data Stories
GOOGLE DATA ANALYTICS PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
Complete Study Guide
Crafting Data Stories Introduction
Crafting data stories is an important skill for success in the field of Google Data Analytics. Through the Coursera Professional Certificate, you can learn how to create engaging data-driven stories using Tableau and its features.
This part of the course will equip you with knowledge on how to use Tableau’s dashboards, filters, and other tools to generate insights and create meaningful stories that can help you better connect your objectives to the data.
- Explain data-driven stories, including reference to their importance and their attributes
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to use Tableau to create dashboards and dashboard filters
- Explain how data stories can be used in different forms of on-the-job communication
Test your knowledge on data-driven stories
1. Data storytelling involves which of the following elements? Select all that apply.
- Selecting only the data points that support your case
- Describing the steps of your analysis process
- Using a narrative that is customized to your audience (Correct)
- Communicating the meaning of a dataset with visuals (Correct)
Correct: Tableau enables you to observe and understand data to make decisions, connect to data in databases, spreadsheets, or CSV files, and create and share interactive dashboards with data.
2. data analyst presents their data story to an audience. They aim to capture and hold the audience members’ interest and attention. Which data storytelling concept does this describe?
- Primary message
- Engagement (Correct)
Correct: Engagement involves capturing and holding the audience members’ interest and attention..
3. Which of the following activities would a data analyst do while spotlighting? Select all that apply.
- Identify ideas or concepts that arise repeatedly (Correct)
- Search for broad, universal ideas and messages (Correct)
- Focus on the details of the analysis and results
- Write notes on a white board that contain the data analysis insights (Correct)
Correct: Spotlighting involves scanning through data to quickly identify the most important insights. This can be done with notes on a whiteboard, by searching for broad ideas, and by identifying concepts that arise repeatedly.
hands-on Activity: Crafting, filtering, and customizing charts
1. Which changes can you make to customize a chart in a spreadsheet? Select all that apply.
- Animate the chart by using the Multimedia drop-down
- Change the chart type by using the Chart type drop-down (Correct)
- Change the chart colors by using the Series drop-down (Correct)
- Change the chart’s data by updating relevant cells (Correct)
Correct: To customize a chart in a spreadsheet, you can change the colors, data, and type of chart. Going forward, you can apply your knowledge of charts to future lessons about data visualization. This will help you prepare for future lessons about data visualization.
test your knowledge on using dashboards
1. Fill in the blank: A dashboard organizes information from multiple datasets into one central location. This enables the information to be _____. Select all that apply.
- analyzed (Correct)
- tracked (Correct)
- visualized (Correct)
Correct: A dashboard is used to track, analyze, and visualize information.
2. A data analyst is choosing their dashboard layout. They want the layout to automatically resize itself based on the dashboard size. They should use a tiled layout.
- True (Correct)
Correct: To automatically resize the layout based on the dashboard size, the analyst should use a tiled layout.
3. What are some reasons why you might choose to use filters when creating a dashboard view? Select all that apply.
- To highlight individual data points (Correct)
- To put the data in chronological order
- To zero in on what’s important to your stakeholders (Correct)
- To remove outliers that don’t conform to your hypothesis
Correct: You might choose to use filters in order to highlight individual data points or to zero in on what’s important to your stakeholders.
test your knowledge on communicate data stories
1. A new challenge from a competitor, an inefficient process that needs to be improved, or a potential business opportunity could all represent which aspect of data storytelling?
- Plot (Correct)
- Big reveal
- Aha moment
Correct: A new challenge from a competitor, an inefficient process that needs to be improved, or a potential business opportunity could all be a plot in the data story. The plot reveals the problem and compels the characters to act.
2. Fill in the blank: When designing a presentation, a slideshow tool called _____ can be used to control the color, font types and sizes, formating, and positioning of text and visuals.
- themes (Correct)
Correct: When designing a presentation, themes can be used to control the color, font types and sizes, formatting, and positioning of text and visuals.
3. A data analyst includes a visual in their presentation to represent information from a dataset. It’s important that the visual reflect the latest information, so the analyst wants it to update automatically if the original dataset changes. The analyst should copy and paste the visual into the presentation.
- False (Correct)
Correct: They should link the visual to its original file. Copying and pasting a visual into a presentation means it won’t be updated if the original dataset changes. This means the visual might not reflect the latest information.
GOOGLE DATA ANALYTICS COURSERA ANSWERS AND STUDY GUIDE
Liking our content? Then don’t forget to add us to your bookmarks so you can find us easily!
Share Data Through the Art of Visualization Weekly Challenge 3
1. Fill in the blank: A data-storytelling narrative connects the data to the project _____.
- objectives (Correct)
Correct: A data-storytelling narrative connects the data to the project objectives.
2. You are preparing to communicate to an audience about an analysis project. You consider the roles that your audience members play and their stake in the project. What aspect of data storytelling does this scenario describe?
- Engagement (Correct)
Correct: Considering the roles your audience members play and their stake in the project describes audience engagement. Engagement is capturing and holding someone’s interest and attention.
3. Fill in the blank: An important part of dashboard design is ensuring that charts, graphs, and other visual elements are cohesive. This means that they are _____ and make good use of available space.
- balanced (Correct)
Correct: Dashboard charts, graphs, and other visual elements should be cohesive, which means that they are balanced and make good use of available space.
4. A data analyst is creating a dashboard using Tableau. In order to layer objects over other items, which layout should they choose?
- Floating (Correct)
Correct: In order to layer objects over other items in a Tableau dashboard, they should choose a floating layout. Floating items can be layered over other objects.
5. A data analyst creates a scatter plot in Tableau and notices an outlier. What should they do next?
- Investigate the outlier to determine if it can lead to any important observations (Correct)
- Use a filter to highlight the outlier, as it is more important than the rest of the data
- Shift the outlier to the center of the other data points for conformity
- Remove the outlier, as it is unlikely to lead to any important observations
Correct: If a data analyst notices an outlier in a scatter plot, they should investigate it to determine if it can lead to any important observations.
6. You are creating a dashboard in Tableau to share with stakeholders. Why might you decide to pre-filter the dashboard? Select all that apply.
- To direct stakeholders to important data (Correct)
- To save stakeholders the effort of filtering the dashboard themselves (Correct)
- To eliminate data points that do not support your conclusions
- To save stakeholders time in finding important data (Correct)
Correct: Pre-filtering is useful because it saves time and effort while directing stakeholders to the most important data.
7. Fill in the blank: An effective slideshow guides your audience through your main communication points, but it does not repeat every word you say. A best practice is to keep text to fewer than five lines and _____ words per slide.
- 25 (Correct)
Correct: A good practice is to keep text to fewer than five lines and 25 words per slide. This ensures your audience is focused on what you’re saying, rather than reading your slides.
8. A data analyst wants to include a visual in their slideshow, then make some changes to it. Which of the following options will enable the analyst to edit the visual within the presentation without affecting its original file? Select all that apply.
- Copy and paste the visual into the presentation (Correct)
- Embed the visual into the presentation (Correct)
- Connect the original visual to the presentation via its URL
- Link the original visual within the presentation
Correct: To edit the visual without affecting its original file, the analyst should use copy and paste or embedding.
Crafting Data Stories conclusion
Tableau is a powerful data visualization tool that can help you see and understand your data in new ways. By the end of this part of the course, you will be able to use Tableau’s dashboards, filters, and other tools to generate insights and create meaningful stories that can help you better connect your objectives to the data. Join the learning experience in Coursera today to get started on using Tableau to its full potential.
Subscribe to our site
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Quiztudy Top Courses
Popular in Coursera
- Meta Marketing Analytics Professional Certificate.
- Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce Professional Certificate.
- Google UX Design Professional Certificate.
- Meta Social Media Marketing Professional Certificate
- Google Project Management Professional Certificate
- Meta Front-End Developer Professional Certificate
Liking our content? Then, don’t forget to ad us to your BOOKMARKS so you can find us easily!