Google IT Support Professional Certificate
Courses Weekly Breakdown
Coursera Study Guide
Click to Enroll in Coursera Google IT Support Professional Certificate
Courses Weekly Breakdown
TABLE OF CONTENT
- COURSE 1: TECHNICAL SUPPORT FUNDAMENTALS
- COURSE 2: THE BITS AND BYTES OF COMPUTER NETWORKING
- COURSE 3: OPERATING SYSTEMS AND YOU: BECOMING A POWER USER
- COURSE 4: OPERATING ADMINISTRATION AND IT INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES
- COURSE 5: IT SECURITY: DEFENSE THE DIGITAL DARK ARTS
1. Technical Support Fundamentals
This course is the first of a series that aims to prepare you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. In this course, you’ll be introduced to the world of Information Technology, or IT. You’ll learn about the different facets of Information Technology, like computer hardware, the Internet, computer software, troubleshooting, and customer service. This course covers a wide variety of topics in IT that are designed to give you an overview of what’s to come in this certificate program.
2. The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking
This course is designed to provide a full overview of computer networking. We’ll cover everything from the fundamentals of modern networking technologies and protocols to an overview of the cloud to practical applications and network troubleshooting.
3. Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User
In this course — through a combination of video lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on practice — you’ll learn about the main components of an operating system and how to perform critical tasks like managing software and users, and configuring hardware.
4. System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services
This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You’ll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster.
- Week 1 – What is System Administration?
- Week 2 – Network and Infrastructure Services
- Week 3 – Software and Platform Services
- Week 4 – Directory Services
- Week 5 – Data Recovery & Backups
- Week 6 – Final Project (No Practice Quiz/Evaluations Available)
5. IT Security: Defense Against the Digital Dark Arts
This course covers a wide variety of IT security concepts, tools, and best practices. It introduces threats and attacks and the many ways they can show up. We’ll give you some background of encryption algorithms and how they’re used to safeguard data. Then, we’ll dive into the three As of information security: authentication, authorization, and accounting. We’ll also cover network security solutions, ranging from firewalls to Wifi encryption options. The course is rounded out by putting all these elements together into a multi-layered, in-depth security architecture, followed by recommendations on how to integrate a culture of security into your organization or team.